- What's wrong with how schools teach reading.
- Suggestions regarding what to do if your child’s school is not teaching reading correctly
- See this website for more from Emily Hanford
Literacy Statistics that Whole Phonics is dedicated to addressing:
- Two-thirds of our nations’ children do not enter the fourth grade reading at a proficient level, and 82% of those children are from low income families.
- One-third of dyslexic students become so frustrated in school that they give up and leave high school without graduating.
- Four out of five children from communities of color are not reading at a proficient level.
- Eighty-five per cent of children in juvenile detention are illiterate.
- One in four children grow up not knowing how to read at a functional level.
If you have an impairment covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 917-699-5110.